Port Stephens Events
Saturday 2nd: NSW School Holidays commence.
Monday 18th July: NSW School Term 3 commences.
Monday 15th to Sunday 21st (To Be Confirmed): Port Stephens Golf Classic (aka Spring Cup)
Played at various golf courses around Port Stephens. The Port Stephens Golf Classic is a mixed event for visitors ONLY and offers golfers a unique experience with the tournament being played on three premier golf courses, Nelson Bay, Horizons and Pacific Dunes.
Contact Details: Website ph: 4981 1132
Sunday 5th September: Father's Day
Saturday 17th (to Be Confirmed): Clans on the Coast 9am-4.30pm at Tomaree No 1 Sportsground, Nelson Bay.
Pipe Bands, Scottish & Celtic Dancing, Singing groups, Stalls, Ancient battle re-enactments, Food & Beverages, and more...
Contact Details: Website ph: 0418 495 336
Saturday 24th: NSW School Holidays commence.
Sunday 2nd: Daylight Saving begins Sunday 4th October at 2:00 am.
Put your clocks & watches forward one hour. Remember, Spring forward, Fall back!
Monday 3rd: Labour Day NSW PUBLIC HOLIDAY
Monday 10th: NSW School Resumes - Term 4
Saturday 15th: Karuah Oyster & Timber Festival at Longworth Park, Karuah.
Something for everyone, woodchopping events, market stalls, local oysters & entertainment.
Contact details: Event Website ph: Dawn Lyall 4997 3088
Saturday 22nd (To Be Confirmed): Myall River Festival on the Tea Gardens Waterfront. 10am to 8.30pm.
The Festival is a family-friendly day, with a large variety of market stalls,stage entertainment, river activities, games and competitions for the kids, all taking place on the magical waterfront of Tea Gardens, beside the Myall River.
Contact Details: Facebook page Contact: Margie Tierney ph: 0435 492 982
Friday 11th: Remembrance Day
• Nelson Bay: at the War Memorial in Apex Park. Service commences at 10.50am with Bugler provided by Australian Army, Newcastle and Catafalque and Flag Party supplied by RAAF, Williamtown. Luncheon and Drinks at Nelson Bay Diggers Club for RSL sub-Branch members.
• Tanilba Bay: at the Tilligerry RSL Sports Club. Form up at 10.45am for 11am service.
• Medowie: at Medowie Memorial Park, cnr Medowie and Ferodale Rds, Medowie. Assemble by 10.45am for 11am service.
• Karuah: in Memorial Park on the corner Memorial Drive and Tarean Road. 10.30am for a 10.45am start .Back to Karuah RSL Club after the service.
• Stockton: at the Rawson Park Memorial on the corner Mitchell and Hereford Streets. 10.45am start
• Raymond Terrace: at the Anzac Park Memorial. 10.30am start. Back to Raymond Terrace Bowling Club after the service, which is expected to finish 11.15am.
Friday 2nd (To Be Confirmed): Medowie Christmas Carnival
From 4pm at Ferodale Oval, Medowie
Presented by the Rotary Club of Williamtown. The carnival will feature a range of children’s rides and amusements, artisan market stalls, gourmet food vendors, live music, giveaways, entertainment and activities involving schools, sport, dance, community groups and businesses. Carols headliner is The Voice finalist and Port Stephens resident Anyerin Drury. Free entry.
Contact details: 4982 9388
Saturday 3rd (To Be Confirmed): Carols on the Green
From 5.3opm on the grounds of the Tilligerry RSL Sports Club, Tanilba Bay.
Musical performances, visit by Santa, 9pm fireworks. Entry is $2. BYO food but no drinks.
Contact details: Website ph: 4982 3889
Sunday 12th (To Be Confirmed): Carols By The Bay
From 5.30pm at Fly Point, Nelson Bay.
Carols At The Bay will be held from 5.30pm at Fly Point, Nelson Bay on Sunday 12th December, with market and food stalls and community performances from 5:30pm. And of course Santa will also make an appearance.
Sunday 25th: Christmas Day
Monday 26th: Boxing Day
Monday 27th: Additional Public Holiday
Saturday 31st: New Year's Eve
• At Nelson Bay: Fireworks at 9pm (only) at d'Albora Marinas. Live bands, entertainment.
• At Tea Gardens: Fireworks at 9.30pm at Tea Gardens Country Club. Family friendly with giant slide, jumping castle.
• At Tanilba Bay (To Be Confirmed): Fireworks at 9pm at Tilligerry RSL Sports Club.
Sunday 1st: New Year's Day
Monday 2nd: Additional Public Holiday
Thursday 26th: Australia Day
• Nelson Bay: Celebrations begin at 9am with Parade to Fly Point where celebrations continue until 4pm.
You can Download the full day's program here
• Lemon Tree Passage: Celebrations begin at 8am with the Lions Club breakfast, followed by Welcome to Country at 8.30am, then music and entertainment until 12 noon.
• Hawks Nest: At the park near the Singing Bridge, commencing at 8am with the Lioness Club breakfast, followed at 9am with the Flag Raising and National Anthem, and at the Fly-past by Hawk Squadron RAAF Williamtown at 11am. Music and entertainment throughout the morning.
Friday 30th January: NSW School Resumes - Term 1
Friday 17th, Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th (To Be Confirmed): Port Stephens Game Fishing Club "Port Stephens Classic" Weighing Station, Public Wharf, Nelson Bay.
Contact Details: Website ph: 4981 0021
Sunday 5th: Clean Up Australia Day. Various sites.
Be part of Clean Up Australia Day. It's easy to get involved, simply go online and nominate your site, or volunteer at an existing one.
Contact details: Website ph: 1800 282 329
Sunday 2nd: Daylight Saving ends Sunday 4th April at 3:00 am.
Put your clocks & watches back one hour. Remember, Spring forward, Fall back!
Friday 6th, Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th: Trailerboat Sportsfishing Tournament. Nelson Bay harbour.
Held each year with up to 1500 competitors and 500 boats competing for around $100,000 in species and lucky draw prizes.
Contact Details: Website ph: 0416 282 022 or 9029 6554
Friday 7th: Good Friday PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Saturday 8th: Easter Saturday PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Sunday 9th: Easter Sunday PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Monday 10th: Easter Monday PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Monday 10th: School Holidays commence.
Monday24th: NSW School Resumes - Term 2
Tuesday 25th: ANZAC Day.
ANZAC Day. Apex Park, Nelson Bay.
Dawn Service: 5.25am: Assemble at Apex Park. Commemoration at 5.30am
Main service: 10.30am: March assembles at Nelson Bay Bowling Club. 10.40am: March moves off down Stockton Street. 10.50am: Main Commemoration Service begins at Apex Park.
Contact details: Nelson Bay RSL Sub-branch c/- Nelson Bay Diggers Club ph: 4984 1344
You can download the full list of local Port Stephens ANZAC Day commemorations here
Saturday 29th: Bay FM - 25th Birthday. Port Stephens' oldest permanently licenced radio station, Bay FM, turns 25.
Sunday 14th: Mother's Day
Wednesday 1st until 30th November: Whale Watching Season: Leaving from the Nelson Bay Waterfront. To book for a Whale Watch Cruise you can contact either Moonshadow-TQC Cruises or Imagine Cruises.
Contact details: Destination Port Stephens
Sunday 4th (To Be Confirmed): Port Stephens Dolphin Census: Nature lovers are invited from 11am - 12 midday, to count how many of Port Stephens’ famous dolphins live in the bay’s blue waters.
Contact details: Marine Parks Association
Thursday 8th: World Oceans Day: People all over our blue planet are celebrating under the theme of Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet.
Contact details: World Oceans Day
Monday 6th: Queen's Birthday PUBLIC HOLIDAY