Port Stephens Events
Saturday 1st: New Year's Day
Monday 3rd: New Year's Public Holiday
Tuesday 26th: Australia Day
• Nelson Bay EVENT CANCELLED: Celebrations begin at 9am with Parade to Fly Point where celebrations continue until 4pm.
You can Download the full day's program here
• Lemon Tree Passage EVENT CANCELLED: Celebrations begin at Henderson Park at 8am with the Lions Club breakfast, followed by Welcome to Country at 8.30am, then music and entertainment until 12 noon.
• Hawks Nest: Moira Parade Park, commencing at 8am with the Lioness Club breakfast, followed at 9am with the Flag Raising and National Anthem, and at the Fly-past by Hawk Squadron RAAF Williamtown at 11am. Music and entertainment throughout the morning.
• Raymond Terrace: Riverside Park from 8am-1.30pm. Free Great Aussie Breakfast, Live music, displays, jumping castle and face painting, market stalls and community groups, RAAF Flypast.
Friday 28th January: NSW School Resumes - Term 1
Friday 18th, Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th (To Be Confirmed): Port Stephens Game Fishing Club "Port Stephens Classic" Weighing Station, Public Wharf, Nelson Bay.
Contact Details: Website ph: 4981 0021
Sunday 6th: Clean Up Australia Day. Various sites.
Be part of Clean Up Australia Day. It's easy to get involved, simply go online and nominate your site, or volunteer at an existing one.
Contact details: Website ph: 1800 282 329
Dates to be confirmed: Trailerboat Sportsfishing Tournament. Nelson Bay harbour.
Held each year with up to 1500 competitors and 500 boats competing for around $100,000 in species and lucky draw prizes.
Contact Details: Website ph: 0416 282 022 or 9029 6554
Sunday 3rd: Daylight Saving ends Sunday 4th April at 3:00 am.
Put your clocks & watches back one hour. Remember, Spring forward, Fall back!
Monday 11th: School Holidays commence.
Friday 15th: Good Friday PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Saturday 16th: Easter Saturday PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Sunday 17th: Easter Sunday PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Monday 18th: Easter Monday PUBLIC HOLIDAY.
Monday 25th: ANZAC Day.
ANZAC Day. Apex Park, Nelson Bay.
Dawn Service: 5.25am: Assemble at Apex Park. Commemoration at 5.30am
Main service: 10.30am: March assembles at Nelson Bay Bowling Club. 10.40am: March moves off down Stockton Street. 10.50am: Main Commemoration Service begins at Apex Park.
Contact details: Nelson Bay RSL Sub-branch c/- Nelson Bay Diggers Club ph: 4984 1344
You can download the full list of local Port Stephens ANZAC Day commemorations here
Tuesday 26th: NSW School Resumes - Term 2
Friday 29th: Bay FM - 24th Birthday. Port Stephens' oldest permanently licenced radio station, Bay FM, turns 23.
Sunday 8th: Mother's Day
Wednesday 1st (To Be Confirmed): Whale Watching Season Launch: Official Launch of the Whale Watching Season at 9am on the Nelson Bay Waterfront, followed by boarding of vessels for the first whale watching cruise of the day. To book for a Whale Watch Cruise you can contact either Moonshadow-TQC Cruises or Imagine Cruises.
Contact details: Destination Port Stephens
Sunday 5th (To Be Confirmed): Port Stephens Dolphin Census: Nature lovers are invited from 11am - 12 midday, to count how many of Port Stephens’ famous dolphins live in the bay’s blue waters.
Contact details: Marine Parks Association
Monday 6th: World Oceans Day: People all over our blue planet are celebrating under the theme of Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet.
Contact details: World Oceans Day
Monday 6th: Queen's Birthday PUBLIC HOLIDAY
Saturday 2nd: NSW School Holidays commence.
Sunday 10th July (To Be Confirmed): The Human Whale Fingal Beach, Marine Drive, Fingal Bay
To celebrate the whale watch season in Port Stephens, holiday visitors and locals alike are invited to help form the shape of a giant human whale on Fingal Beach.
Contact details: Destination Port Stephens
Monday 18th July: NSW School Term 3 commences.
Monday 1st to Wednesday 31st (To Be Confirmed): Love Seafood Festival
This month-long celebration will feature celebrity chefs and TV cooks, seafood cruises, a foodie’s weekend at d’Albora Marinas, a family festival at the marina, cooking classes and demonstrations for adults and kids, markets, rides, live entertainment and discounted seafood lunches at more than 15 eateries across Port Stephens.
Contact details: Destination Port Stephens Website ph: 1800 808 900
Monday 15th to Sunday 21st (To Be Confirmed): Port Stephens Golf Classic (aka Spring Cup)
Played at various golf courses around Port Stephens. The Port Stephens Golf Classic is a mixed event for visitors ONLY and offers golfers a unique experience with the tournament being played on three premier golf courses, Nelson Bay, Horizons and Pacific Dunes.
Contact Details: Website ph: 4981 1132
Sunday 5th September: Father's Day
Saturday 17th (to Be Confirmed): Clans on the Coast 9am-4.30pm at Tomaree No 1 Sportsground, Nelson Bay.
Pipe Bands, Scottish & Celtic Dancing, Singing groups, Stalls, Ancient battle re-enactments, Food & Beverages, and more...
Contact Details: Website ph: 0418 495 336
Saturday 24th: NSW School Holidays commence.
Sunday 2nd: Daylight Saving begins Sunday 4th October at 2:00 am.
Put your clocks & watches forward one hour. Remember, Spring forward, Fall back!
Monday 3rd: Labour Day NSW PUBLIC HOLIDAY
Monday 10th: NSW School Resumes - Term 4
Saturday 15th (To Be Confirmed): Karuah Oyster & Timber Festival at Longworth Park, Karuah.
Something for everyone, woodchopping events, market stalls, local oysters & entertainment.
Contact details: Event Website ph: Dawn Lyall 4997 3088
Saturday 22nd (To Be Confirmed): Myall River Festival on the Tea Gardens Waterfront. 10am to 8.30pm.
The Festival is a family-friendly day, with a large variety of market stalls,stage entertainment, river activities, games and competitions for the kids, all taking place on the magical waterfront of Tea Gardens, beside the Myall River.
Contact Details: Facebook page Contact: Margie Tierney ph: 0435 492 982
Friday 11th: Remembrance Day
• Nelson Bay: at the War Memorial in Apex Park. Service commences at 10.50am with Bugler provided by Australian Army, Newcastle and Catafalque and Flag Party supplied by RAAF, Williamtown. Luncheon and Drinks at Nelson Bay Diggers Club for RSL sub-Branch members.
• Tanilba Bay: at the Tilligerry RSL Sports Club. Form up at 10.45am for 11am service.
• Medowie: at Medowie Memorial Park, cnr Medowie and Ferodale Rds, Medowie. Assemble by 10.45am for 11am service.
• Karuah: in Memorial Park on the corner Memorial Drive and Tarean Road. 10.30am for a 10.45am start .Back to Karuah RSL Club after the service.
• Stockton: at the Rawson Park Memorial on the corner Mitchell and Hereford Streets. 10.45am start
• Raymond Terrace: at the Anzac Park Memorial. 10.30am start. Back to Raymond Terrace Bowling Club after the service, which is expected to finish 11.15am.
Friday 2nd (To Be Confirmed): Medowie Christmas Carnival
From 4pm at Ferodale Oval, Medowie
Presented by the Rotary Club of Williamtown. The carnival will feature a range of children’s rides and amusements, artisan market stalls, gourmet food vendors, live music, giveaways, entertainment and activities involving schools, sport, dance, community groups and businesses. Carols headliner is The Voice finalist and Port Stephens resident Anyerin Drury. Free entry.
Contact details: 4982 9388
Saturday 3rd (To Be Confirmed): Carols on the Green
From 5.3opm on the grounds of the Tilligerry RSL Sports Club, Tanilba Bay.
Musical performances by Gina Jeffreys, Lyn Bowtell, Karen O’Shea and Kate Ballantyne, Tanilba Bay Public School children, a Tilligerry dance troop, Daniel Thompson, Tommy Contor, Max Jackson and TJ Hamilton, visit by Santa, 9pm fireworks. Entry is $2. BYO food but no drinks.
Contact details: Website ph: 4982 3889
Sunday 11th : Carols By The Bay
From 5.30pm at Fly Point, Nelson Bay.
Carols At The Bay will be held from 5.30pm at Fly Point, Nelson Bay on Sunday 12th December.
•Community performances will begin at 5.30pm before the main performance at 7.30pm, a visit by Santa about 8pm and fireworks at 9pm.
•Robyn Yvette Dance, Zone Active and Shoal Bay School will provide dance performances. There will be solo and ensemble performances from St Phillips Christian College, Anna Bay Public School and Tomaree High School.
•The main performance will be shared between performers from The Studio Music Academy at Taylors Beach and Hope UC led by Central Coast-based senior pastor and singer-songwriter Darlene Zschech.
•There will be a nativity stall provided by the Rock Church from Salamander Bay where event attendees can snap photos.
Sunday 18th: Christmas Picnic and Carols
5pm until 7.15pm at Gateway Presbyterian Church, 43 Gan Gan Rd Anna Bay
This will be a different and smaller event than our previous Carols events.
We're excited to gather to celebrate Christ's birth on Sunday 19th in the evening instead of our morning services.
BYO everything for a picnic and we'll head inside the building for our 6pm Carols service for the whole family.
Sunday 25th: Christmas Day
Monnday 26th: Boxing Day
Tuesday 27th: Boxing Day Public Holiday
Saturday 31st: New Year's Eve
• At Nelson Bay: Fireworks at 9pm (only) at d'Albora Marinas. Live bands, entertainment.
• At Tea Gardens: Fireworks at 9.30pm at Tea Gardens Country Club. Family friendly with giant slide, jumping castle.
• At Tanilba Bay (To Be Confirmed): Fireworks at 9pm at Tilligerry RSL Sports Club.